Our Program Mission & Philosophy
We believe it is important to meet the needs of the whole child by providing a safe, consistent, nurturing environment that encourages the social, emotional, physical and intellectual growth of children, while also responding to the needs of families.
The unique personality, needs, abilities and learning style of each child are accepted and appreciated, as the staff and parents work together in the best interest of the children. We emphasize socialization, building each child’s self esteem through play and the natural learning experience for children.f
The WCNS staff works in partnership with parents to increase the child’s respect for her/himself and the rights of others.
Philosophically, Winnetka Community Nursery School strives to:
- Foster positive self-identity and a sense of emotional well-being.
- Develop social skills and knowledge.
- Encourage children to think, reason, question and experiment.
- Encourage language and literacy development.
- Enhance physical development and skills.
- Encourage and demonstrate sound health, safety and nutritional practices.
- Encourage creative expression, representation and appreciation for the arts.
- Respect cultural diversity.
- Include parents as partners in the education of their children.
By providing a rich and creative curriculum, highly qualified staff, opportunities for parental involvement and partnership, and a sense of school community, Winnetka Community Nursery School strives to be a model in excellence in early childhood education.